For its latest season, THE BLOCK is making its mark on Melbourne's bayside suburb of Hampton.
This year’s contestants have been working their magic on houses in Bronte Court, closer to the suburb’s eastern boundary of Bluff Road than Hampton Beach.
Along with 3 new couples, Mitch and Mark (who came fifth during The Block 2019) and Ronnie and Georgia (who first appeared in the 2017 season of The Block) will tackle 5 very different bayside homes.
Bayside's Hampton is situated 14 kilometres from the Melbourne CBD, with lifestyle featured including incredible restaurants, cafes, shops and of course the beach!
- The median price for a three-bedroom house is $1.64 million.
- The median price for a four-bedroom house is $2.17 million.
Three of the homes are brick, two weatherboards, four are on one side of Bronte Court, with the fifth opposite.
The contestants will be building basements in their homes, a first in the show’s history.
And the final big change, there are no plans for the houses this year, a big risk for the show, which will be interesting to see as the season progresses.
Ronnie and Georgia – House 1
The returning contestants started off the season with a bang, revealing a room that was elegant, simple and classic.
The skylights provided beautiful, natural light and calming ambience to the room, and their built-in wardrobes and timber shelves added warmth to the space.
As Darren Palem said:
“An aspirational classic contemporary space that definitely plays to the market for the buyers in Hampton.”
Mitch and Mark – House 2
The second returning team created a soft and feminine room with beautiful blush tones.
The use of lighting was lovely and their built-in study nook made excellent use of the space.
- Also read:Latest Asking Prices State by State | Listings and asking prices steady in lead up to market hiatus
- Also read:10 BIG Benefits of setting up an SMSF or a Family SMSF
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Auction clearance results December 2nd – Generally Steady Results on Another Big Day of Auctions
- Also read:Heat comes out of the housing market as values across Melbourne dip and Sydney slows | Corelogic Home Value Index
Tanya and Vito – House 3
The couple showcased a room bursting with colour, using lovely yellow and green tones.
Their choice of artwork worked beautifully with the room, and the built-out shelf behind the bed added another layer of warmth.
Josh and Luke – House 4
The guys created a stunning room with a luxe bachelor pad vibe.
The colour pallet, while beautiful, is an interesting choice for 'beachy' Hampton, but from a design point, the dark built-in cabinetry does add a level of sophistication, as does the soft-padded wall.
Kirsty and Jesse – House 5
With the perfect coastal vibe, the couple created a room that screams Hampton.
Their choice of blue wall panelling and subtle wallpaper to the artwork and soft furnishings was perfect, along with the wainscotting and accent architraves, arch doorway and plantation shutters.
Photo Source: Pinterest
Coming up next week: Bathroom week!