The RP Data-Rismark combined capital city index has retraced the 1.7% decline recorded over April and May to finish the June quarter 0.2% higher.
Over the month of June, dwelling values rose by 1.9 per cent across the RP Data-Rismark eight capital city aggregate index. According to RP Data research director Tim Lawless, the June rise has more than reversed the falls in the Index recorded over both April and May when across both months, values dipped by 1.7 per cent.
Highlights over the quarter:
- Best performing capital city: Sydney and Adelaide, +1.2 per cent.
- Weakest performing capital city: Darwin, -2.7 per cent.
- Highest rental yields: Darwin houses with gross rental yield of 6.2 per cent and Darwin units at 6.2 per cent.
- Lowest rental yields: Melbourne houses with gross rental yield of 3.7 per cent and Melbourne units at 4.4 per cent.
- Most expensive city: Sydney with a median dwelling price of $580,000.
Most affordable city: Hobart with a median dwelling price of $316,000.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.