The more you know about the most common mistakes that investors make, the better your likelihood of building lasting wealth.
In this series of short videos, we discuss the common mistakes we’ve seen investors make.
Today we debunk the myth that all properties double in value every 7-10 years and we discuss why some locations are worth more than others.
Some of the things we discuss:
- The annual percentage change in property values over the last 25 years according to Corelogic was 6.8% nationally – so the average property doubled in around 10 years
- But averages mean some properties outperformed this figure while others underperformed
- Melbourne and Sydney properties grew at an average of 8% over the last 25 years – this means the average property doubled in value every 7 years.
- But the myth that you can just buy any property and it will double every 7 to 10 years is just that – a myth
- Location does 80% of the heavy lifting in your property’s performance so ensure you
- buy the right property in the right location.
- You can speed things up capital growth by adding value
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.