admin-ajax.php

Population Growth Slows

Australia’s population reached 22,407,700 at the end of September 2010, growing by 345,500 people over the year and following a number of years of record population growth.

The rate has slowed over the last year according to preliminary figures recently released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics. The figures show that, with an increase of 345,500, Australia’s annual population growth rate slowed to 1.6% for the year ending September 2010, down from its peak growth rate of 2.2% in the year ending December 2008, and is mainly due to a decline in net overseas migration.

The preliminary net overseas migration estimate for the September quarter 2010 (42,500 people) was 41.2% lower than that for the previous 12 months (72,300 people). At that time overseas migration accounted for 65%  of the population growth, with the remaining 35% due to natural increase

Western Australia continued to record the fastest population growth rate at 2.1 per cent, followed by Queensland (1.8 per cent), Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory (both 1.7 per cent), New South Wales and the Northern Territory(both 1.3 per cent), South Australia (1.1 per cent) and Tasmania (0.8 per cent).



icon-podcast-large

SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST

Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.

icon-email-large

PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?

Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.


Avatar for Property Update

About

Michael is a director of Metropole Property Strategists who help their clients grow, protect and pass on their wealth through independent, unbiased property advice and advocacy. He's once again been voted Australia's leading property investment adviser and his opinions are regularly featured in the media. Visit Metropole.com.au


'Population Growth Slows' have no comments

Be the first to comment this post!

Would you like to share your thoughts?

Your email address will not be published.
CAPTCHA Image

*

facebook
twitter
google
0
linkedin
0
email

Michael's Daily Insights

Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers.

NOTE: this daily service is a different subscription to our weekly newsletter so...

REGISTER NOW

Subscribe!