Home values across Perth have recorded a significant slowdown over the past year.
In this, the fifth part of an 8 part series from Core Logic’s Quarterly Review of the Australian Residential Property Market and Economy we look at the Perth Housing Market.
Compared with the same time a year ago, Perth home values had increased by 6.9%.
There has also been a fall in transaction over the past year foreshadowing weaker housing market conditions.
- -2.8% over the quarter
- +4.4% past 12 months
- -2.0%pa last five years
- +1.7%pa last ten years
- +7.7%pa last 15 years
- -11.4% lower than previous peak
- +5.5% over the current growth phase
Annual sales volumes
- 4,756 over year to August 2014
- +17.5% over the year
- Sales down from a recent peak of 4,826 in July 2014
- +0.4% quarter
- +2.4% over the year
- +1.5%pa last five years
- +0.2 percentage points over the quarter
- -0.1 percentage point over the year
- -10 days over the quarter
- -11 days over the year
- -1.6 percentage points over the quarter
- -0.8 percentage points over the year
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.