What separates successful people from the rest?
Author Thomas Corley spent five years observing and documenting the daily activities of 233 wealthy people and 128 people living in poverty, and then wrote his best selling book Rich Habits.
Corley found that those who succeed in life in accumulating wealth ALL share one common trait …
They process success by adopting systems, or daily habits, that enable them to persist in achieving their goals and life dreams.
Here are some of the activities successful people persistently process into their lives:
- Pursuing big goals, life dream or main purpose
- Saving money (They Save 10%-20% of Their Net Income)
- Living below their means by spending 80% or less of what they make
- Managing and growing their relationships (They Make Hello Calls, Happy Birthday Calls & Life Event Calls)
- Learning and growing their knowledge-base on a daily basis
- Learning from their mistakes and failures (They Take Calculated Risks Which Helps Them Grow)
- Networking with other success-minded people
- Accomplishing daily tasks (They Set and Accomplish Daily To-Do’s)
- Controlling their thoughts and emotions
- Maintaining a positive mental outlook
- Being happy (Living in the Present)
- Being grateful
- Staying healthy (Daily Aerobic Exercise and Tracking Calories Consumed Daily)
- Creating Opportunity Luck
- Avoiding Detrimental Luck
- Mentoring their children
- Mentoring others at work and outside of work
- Managing their time (Limiting T.V., Internet, Recreational Activities to 1 Hour or Less Each Day)
- Listening more than they talk (5 Minutes of Listening for Every 1 Minute of Talking)
- Communicating effectively so as to not damage relationships (Not Every Thought Should Be Spoken)
- Managing the wealth they are able to accumulate
- Taking action and getting things done (they Don’t Procrastinate on Pursuing Goals)
Success requires persistence
Persistence requires processes, or daily habits, that automate success.
The path towards success teaches us what works and what does not work.
Successful people adopt the processes, or habits, that work and abandon the ones that don’t work.
Without persistence you will never learn what works and what does not work.
You will never develop the processes or habits that make success possible.
So persist, fail, make mistakes, learn from the mistakes and develop the processes and habits that carry you along the path to success like a freight train.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.