Here’s an overview of the major economic and demographic indicators affecting our property markets.
The following charts are part of Core Logic’s December Chart Pack.
Housing demand: population growth starts to ease on lower overseas migration
Housing supply: dwelling approvals have recently peaked after a solid ramp-up
Housing supply: approvals have outpaced population growth since 2004
Consumer sentiment has remained pessimistic for nine consecutive months
Labour force: part time jobs growth is outpacing full time jobs growth
Mortgage rates: have now been on hold for 15 consecutive months
You may also like: Property Market Overview in 9 Graphs which I published yesterday.
You can also read our recent review of the various property markets with more graphs here:
- Sydney property market overview for December 2014
- Melbourne property market overview for December 2014
- Brisbane property market overview for December 201
- Perth property market overview for December 2014
- Adelaide property market overview for December 2014
- Darwin property market overview for December 2014
- Canberra property market overview for December 2014
- Hobert property market overview for December 2014
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.