The Sydney property boom is over.
Well there – I said it!
But what should an investor do?
And what’s ahead for the Sydney property market?
Let’s face it, we receive so much conflicting information on a daily basis from so many different sources that at the end of the day you don’t know if your Arthur or Martha.
The reality is, if you don’t keep up with the media you are uninformed and if you do keep up with the media you are misinformed.
Seems like you can’t win.
You’ll learn why I’m pleased the boom is over plus lot’s more…
Some things to consider:
- The Sydney market is fragmented (as it always has been) with “investment grade” properties still very much in demand
- It’s normal to have mixed messages in the media when the market moves phases.
- The deposit gap is a big challenge for buyers trying to get into the Sydney market as are the tighter lending criteria.
- Sydney is now a global city with a population of 5 million plus and as a result we are now starting to see it ‘Manhattanising’, and just like in Manhattan you can’t expect to purchase a big house on a big block, in the right location within your budget.
- The last 4 -5 years in Sydney has seen unrealistic levels of growth – growth well into the double digits in most cases, and this has given many investors a false sense of confidence
- Growth has been so strong that even secondary assets in secondary locations have seen growth over the past few years – and now that the Sydney market is taking a well-deserved breather you can no longer expect this growth going forward. There will now be a flight to quality – in other words good properties will still be in strong demand, but secondary properties will languish.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
If you’re looking for independent advice about property no one can help you quite like the independent property investment strategists at Metropole.
Remember the multi award winning team of property investment strategists at Metropole have no properties to sell, so their advice is unbiased.
Whether you are home buyer or a beginner or a seasoned property investor, we would love to help you formulate an investment strategy or do a review of your existing portfolio, and help you take your property investment to the next level.
Please click here to organise a time for a chat. Or call us on 1300 20 30 30.
When you attend our offices in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane you will receive a free copy of my latest 2 x DVD program Building Wealth through Property Investment in the new Economy valued at $49
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.