The more you know about the most common mistakes that investors make, the better your likelihood of building lasting wealth.
In this series of short 3 minute videos, Ahmad Imam and I discuss the common mistakes I’ve seen investors make.
Today we discuss what an X-factor is and how you can prepare for it.
As the saying goes, you should always ‘expect the unexpected.’
Watch today’s video as I explain why…
Some of the points we discuss:
- An X factor is an event that comes out of the blue, that was unexpected, which could be local or overseas that undoes all the predictions and all forecasts you had made.
- a new X factor comes up every year, sometimes the positive and sometimes the negative – so it is something that property investors need to be prepared for.
- Some recent X factors included:
- The election of Donald Trump and the initial uncertainty created and the world economic uncertainty that has followed with the trade embargoes and the like.
- Couple of years ago the Chinese economy unravelled affecting many countries including Australia. For years the booming Chinese economy supported Australia’s strong growth, and all of a commodity prices plummeted affecting Australia’s exports.
- 2011 there was a debt crisis in Europe that came out of the blue
- Almost a decade ago, the sub-prime crisis in the United States led to a Global Financial Crisis and the worst depression we had almost a century.
- 2007 the RBA increased interest rates 3 times and put a halt to our rising property markets
- Looking back further there was a dot.com crisis in the early 2000’s and an Asian Financial crisis.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.