The more you know about the most common mistakes that investors make, the better your likelihood of building lasting wealth.
Each week in this series of short videos, we discuss the common mistakes we’ve seen investors make.
Today we discuss the choice between investing for Cash Flow vs. Capital Growth.
Which way is right?
Points we discuss:
- Most investors think they need cash flow but residential real estate is a high growth relatively low yield investment
- You can’t save your way to wealth
- Cash flow keeps you in the game, but capital growth gets you out of the rat race
- You need to build a substantial asset base – to give you choices.
- Most of your assets on retirement will be the tax free capital growth of your property portfolio, not the rent you receive or the money you save
- You need to build assets first then transition to the cash flow stage
- While many investors buy properties for cash flow, I buy properties to allow me to buy more properties. You need the capital growth to pay for your next deposit and the rising rents will help pay for your mortgage for your next property purchase
Now is the time to take action and set yourself for the opportunities that will present themselves as the market moves on
If you’re wondering what’s ahead for property you are not alone.
You can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In “interesting” times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that’s what you exactly what you get from the multi award winning team at Metropole.
If you’re looking at buying your next home or investment property here’s 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. – Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer’s agency – As Australia’s most trusted buyers’ agents we’ve been involved in over $3.5 Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective – that’s something money just can’t buy. We’ll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory – We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management – Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.