Donald Trump is a real estate billionaire developer and at the time of writing a U.S presidential candidate.
He’s the founder of the Trump Organization and staged a come back after going bankrupt twice.
Here are some of the best Trump quotes and investment lessons:
- Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you are generally better off sticking with what you know and the third is that sometimes, your best investments are the ones you don’t make.”
- “I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That’s where the fun is.”
- “If you are interested in balancing work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable.”
- “In the end, you are measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplished.
- “Money was never a big motivation for me except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game.”
- “Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away. Move on to something else that’s more productive. Sometimes by losing a battle, you will find a new way to win the war.”
- “I don’t believe you can ever get hurt by buying a good location at a low price.”
- “If you want to buy something; it’s obviously in your best interest to convince the seller that what he’s got isn’t worth very much.”
- “Big problems can equal big opportunities”
- “If you don’t have major problems, you’re probably not doing something major.”
- “Adversity is a fact of life. Accept that, and you will be prepared.”
- “Business is an art, whether it’s real estate or anything else. Treat it that way by developing your technique, being tenacious and remaining passionate.”
- “My father’s four-step formula is one I’ve always used because it works: get in, get it done, get it done right, and get out.”
- “When you are confronted with a problem, ask yourself this question: Is this a blip, or is it a catastrophe? That will align your thoughts and your reactions to where they should be.”
- “Reaping and sowing are directly related, but you need to know which comes first.”
- “Resilience is part of the survival of the fittest formula- make sure you remain adaptable.”
- “Real estate has a way of evening itself out. There are always ups and downs, and that’s a fact, not an aberration