Education influences investors across a broad range of demographics and data shows that it is now influencing property prices in greater Brisbane’s popular education catchments.
Education is a long-term consideration and, whether you are planning a family, have children already enrolled in school, or are an investor looking to attract long term, quality tenants, it may be beneficial to consider school catchment zones when you are determining suburbs of interest.
Domain’s 2016 School Zones Report overlaid property market data with school catchment zones, which demonstrated a significant trend in property market growth.
Logan Reserve State School catchment to the south of Brisbane saw an incredible 40.0% year-on-year growth (YOY) for property sales between 2015 and 2016, while Broadbeach State School (on the Gold Coast) catchment and Sunnybank State School (in Brisbane’s south) catchment saw a 23.8% and 22.0% increase respectively.
There is a similar story for greater Brisbane’s secondary schools, with Sunshine Beach State High School catchment achieving YOY growth of 19.1% between 2015 and 2016. Sunnybank State High School catchment and Merrimac State High School (in Mermaid Waters, Gold Coast) catchments saw a 14% and 12.3% increase respectively.
The top growth primary school zones for greater Brisbane and their YOY percentage growth are as follows:
- Logan Reserve State School — 40.0%
- Broadbeach State School — 23.8%
- Sunnybank State School — 22.0%
- Coomera State School — 21.7%
- West End State School — 21.7%
- Richlands East State School — 18.8%
- Hilliard State School — 18.1%
- Sunshine Beach State School — 17.9%
- Sherwood State School — 16.9%
- Mt Warren Park State School — 16.0%.
The top growth secondary school zones for greater Brisbane and YOY percentage growth are as follows:
- Sunshine Beach State High School — 19.1%
- Sunnybank State High School — 14.0%
- Merrimac State High School — 12.3%
- Brisbane State High School — 11.1%
- Stretton State College — 11.0%
- Coolum State High School — 10.2%
- Elanora State High School — 9.7%
- Indooroopilly State High School — 9.6%
- Redcliffe State High School — 5%
- Kenmore State High School — 9.3%.
For a comprehensive list of the top growth school zones for greater Brisbane, visit Domain.
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
NEED HELP LISTENING TO MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST FROM YOUR PHONE OR TABLET?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.