The ‘Great Australian Dream’ is a turn of phrase that gets bandied around a lot.
But what is the ‘Great Australian Dream’, and does it differ for different people?
In a bid to answer these questions, Mortgage Choice surveyed more than 1,000 Australians, investigating their thoughts and opinions on home ownership and whether or not it remains the ‘Great Australian Dream’.
Overall, it would appear the ‘Great Australian Dream’ of property ownership is still alive and well.
Australians continue to put property ownership ahead of other dreams and goals, including career success, business growth and luxurious travel.
- Also read:Questions and answers: Inflation & interest rates
- Also read:10 questions to ask before buying your next investment property
- Also read:The 15 Best Suburbs to Invest in Sydney in 2022
- Also read:10 most expensive suburbs in Brisbane
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2022 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
But while property ownership remains the number one ‘Dream’, most people believe this dream is becoming increasingly difficult to achieve.
And that ‘Dream’ is evolving as the infographic below illustrates:
Read more: Mortgage Choice