Landlords Protection Insurance

« Back to Glossary Index

Landlord protection insurance is a type of insurance policy that investors should take out to protect themselves from some of the financial risks associated with their rental property.

Landlord insurance is much like building insurance but better catered to the needs of landlords and property investors, covering a broader range of risks.

Standard building insurance will only provide cover for loss or damage to property from unexpected events, like fires, storms and floods. Landlord insurances on the other hand, provides this cover as well as covering the damage to property made by tenants, whether deliberate or accidental.

Landlords Protection Insurance will generally include:

  • Building Cover for fixtures and fittings. Some examples include hot water systems, heating, cabinetry, fencing, swimming pools, rainwater tanks, solar panels and even the structure itself like the doors, walls and windows.
  • Landlord contents cover includes the big contents items such as light fittings, blinds, curtains, carpets and electrical appliances..
  • Public liability in case your tenant or their visitors incur any medical expenses or loss of income because of a public liability incident within your property.
« Back to Glossary Index

Want more of this type of information?


Michael is a director of Metropole Property Strategists who help their clients grow, protect and pass on their wealth through independent, unbiased property advice and advocacy. He's once again been voted Australia's leading property investment adviser and one of Australia's 50 most influential Thought Leaders. His opinions are regularly featured in the media. Visit

Copyright © Michael Yardney’s Property Investment Update Important Information
Content Marketing by GridConcepts