If you’re going to have any beliefs at all believe in luck.
One of the fascinating things I discovered in my research was the fact that every self-made millionaires, at some point, got lucky.
- 84% attributed their good luck to their daily habits
- 87% said they were lucky
- 92% said they created their own luck
The rich do not believe random good luck plays a role in wealth creation.
They believe, however, that you create your own luck.
There are many ways the wealthy create their own luck:
- Pursuing a dream. Luck visits dreamers who act on their dreams.
- Forging habits around your dreams. Good habits are like snowflakes on a mountainside. You don’t notice the accumulation until there is an avalanche. Good habits create an avalanche of good luck.
- Building relationships with the right people – success-minded people who can open doors for you through their relationships. Good luck likes to associate with positive-minded people.
- Learning new things opens your eyes to opportunities. Opportunity is the home good luck lives in.
- Taking calculated risks. Calculated risk is a type of risk that requires you to do your homework. Good luck finds the prepared.
- Finding a mentor. Mentors open up doors for you and steer you down the right paths in life. Good luck will find you if you are on the right path.
- Being a mentor. Mentees eventually become experts themselves. Like mentors, your mentees can open up doors for you. Good luck is often found behind closed doors.
- Staying upbeat and positive. Negativity shuts down part of your prefrontal cortex and effectively blinds you to opportunities. Good luck always finds the optimist.
- Staying focused allows you to accomplish and learn things quitters never accomplish or learn. Good luck always finds the most focused individuals.
- Persistence. Devoting yourself to one thing for many years forces you to become expert in that one thing. Good luck always finds the persistent.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.