admin-ajax.php

Australia’s population increased 1.4% in past year

If you are like me, you like to keep up with what’s happening to Australia’s population because it’s an important factor in the strength of our property markets.

According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics Australia’s annual population grew 1.4% for the year ending December 31, 2011 increasing our population by 302,600 people to 22.5 million (22,485,300) people.

Net overseas migration accounted for 55% of the growth, with the other 45% due to natural increase (births minus deaths).

Interestingly the preliminary net overseas migration estimate for the year ending December 2011 (184,000 people) was 9% (or 15,100) higher than that for December 2010 (168,800 people).

We’re also having a little baby boom.

Births registered in the year were up 2.5% over the previous year.

You can see what’s happening to our population using the ABS population clock where they estimate:

  • one birth every 1 minute and 47 seconds,
  • one death every 3 minutes and 35 seconds ,
  • a net gain of one international migration every 2 minutes and 42 seconds, leading to
  • an overall total population increase of one person every 1 minute and 32 seconds.



icon-podcast-large

SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST

Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.

icon-email-large

PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?

Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.


Avatar for Property Update

About

Michael is a director of Metropole Property Strategists who help their clients grow, protect and pass on their wealth through independent, unbiased property advice and advocacy. He's once again been voted Australia's leading property investment adviser and his opinions are regularly featured in the media. Visit Metropole.com.au


'Australia’s population increased 1.4% in past year' have no comments

Be the first to comment this post!

Would you like to share your thoughts?

Your email address will not be published.
CAPTCHA Image

*

facebook
twitter
google
0
linkedin
0
email

Michael's Daily Insights

Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers.

NOTE: this daily service is a different subscription to our weekly newsletter so...

REGISTER NOW

Subscribe!