There are many definitions of success, but there is one common denominator: the need to be happy.
Often, we find it hard to put into words just what defines success.
So here is a list of wise words from people explaining their definition of success.
I hope that you enjoy reading these quotes on success:
- “You may only succeed if you desire succeeding; you may only fail if you do not mind failing.” – Philippos
- “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out” – John Wooden
- “Some people dream of great accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them.” – Anonymous
- “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” – Colin R. Davis
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
- “When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you’ve got plenty to watch.” – Anonymous
- “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne
- “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
- “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates
- “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.” – Donald Trump
- “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.” – Thomas J. Watson
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sasso
- “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” – Warren Buffet
- “Going into business for yourself, becoming an entrepreneur, is the modern-day equivalent of pioneering on the old frontier.” – Paula Nelson
- “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” – Ray Goforth
- “Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “I’ve been blessed to find people who are smarter than I am, and they help me to execute the vision I have.” – Russell Simmons
- “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.” – Ralph Nader
- “Big pay and little responsibility are circumstances seldom found together.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” – Chris Grosser
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
- “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The best revenge is massive success.”- Frank Sinatra
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “Poor people have big TV. Rich people have big library.” – Jim Rohn
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” – Henry Ford
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear–not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
- “We become what we think about most of the time, and that’s the strangest secret.” – Earl Nightingale
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.