If you’re interested in real estate or property investment, here is 3 minutes of good news weekend reading and you’re out the door.
1. Stock on market stagnant
Figures released by SQM Research reveal that the level of residential property listings around the nation remained relatively unchanged once again during the month of October.
Nationally, the figures confirm a drop of -2.7% since October 2011. Most notable of the capital city decreases is Darwin with a -26.3%.
Both Sydney and Perth have also shown considerable declines in stock levels of -11.6% and -11.0%, followed by Brisbane -5.5%; and Adelaide -3.1%.
Encouragingly, stock levels have not swollen dramatically during the spring selling season, as is usually expected.
2. Positive indicator
The number of new owner-occupier housing loans rose by 0.9% in September, following on from a 2.1% lift in August – the best back-to-back gains in nine months.
The value of all home lending rose by 3.8% with owner-occupier loans up by 1.3%; investment loans up by 8.6%.
3. 4 Things that wildly successful people do – Inc.com
• They don’t create back-up plans – you’ll work a lot harder and a lot longer if your primary plan simply has to work because there is no other option.
• They do the work – you can’t be great–at anything–unless you put in an incredible amount of focused effort.
• And they work a lot more – forget leaving every day at 5.30. Successful entrepreneurs usually have long lists of things they want to get done and work more hours than the average person to get them done.
• They start at the end – Aim for the ultimate. Decide where you want to end up, work backwards and lay out every step along the way.
Michael Matusik is the director of independent property advisory Matusik Property Insights and writes the Matusik Missive which is free, however, reprinting, republication or distribution of any portion of this material, or inclusion on any website, is strictly prohibited without the written permission of Matusik Property Insights and may incur a charge.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.