Tom Corley, author of the book Rich Habits suggests the rich do things very differently from the average person.
While clearly this is no judgement of the people, here’s a list of the differences between the habits of the rich and the poor:
- 70% of wealthy eat less than 300 junk food calories per day. 97% of poor people eat more than 300 junk food calories per day. 23% of wealthy gamble. 52% of poor people gamble
- 80% of wealthy are focused on accomplishing some single goal. Only 12% of the poor do this
- 76% of wealthy exercise aerobically 4 days a week. 23% of poor do this
- 63% of wealthy listen to audio books during commute to work vs. 5% for poor people
- 81% of wealthy maintain a to-do list vs. 19% for poor
- 63% of wealthy parents make their children read 2 or more non-fiction books a month vs. 3% for poor
- 70% of wealthy parents make their children volunteer 10 hours or more a month vs. 3% for poor
- 80% of wealthy make hbd calls vs. 11% of poor
- 67% of wealthy write down their goals vs. 17% for poor
- 88% of wealthy read 30 minutes or more each day for education or career reasons vs 2% for poor
- 6% of wealthy say what’s on their mind vs. 69% for poor.
- 79% of wealthy network 5 hours or more each month vs. 16% for poor.
- 67% of wealthy watch 1 hour or less of TV every day vs. 23% for poor
- 6% of wealthy watch reality TV vs. 78% for poor
- 44% of wealthy wake up 3 hours before work starts vs.3% for poor
- 74% of wealthy teach good daily success habits to their children vs. 1% for poor
- 84% of wealthy believe good habits create opportunity luck vs. 4% for poor
- 76% of wealthy believe bad habits create detrimental luck vs. 9% for poor
- 86% of wealthy believe in life-long educational self-improvement vs. 5% for poor
- 86% of wealthy love to read vs. 26% for poor.
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
NEED HELP LISTENING TO MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST FROM YOUR PHONE OR TABLET?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.