Who knows what the future hold?
It’s interesting to look back only 10 years: no one knew of the iPhone back then (well apart from Steve Jobs perhaps) and the sub-prime crisis was already building in the U.S. but not many people knew about it (or they weren’t talking about it at any rate) and Facebook was only used in a few universities.
So what lies ahead?
Here are some predictions from the World Economic Forum:
- 65% of children entering primary school today will end up working in new jobs that don’t exist yet
- 10% of the world’s population will be wearing clothes connected to the internet by 2022.
- 90% of the global population will have a supercomputer (smartphone) in their pocket by 2023.
- 10% of reading glasses will be connected to the internet by 2023.
- The first transplant of a 3D-printed liver will occur 2024.
- By 2030, 5% of consumer products will be 3D-printed.
- Driverless cars will account for 10% of all cars in the US by 2030.
- By 2027, 75% of the S&P 500 firms today will be replaced by new ones.
- Globally, more trips will be made using car sharing programs than privately owned cars by 2025.
- 80% of people on earth will have a digital presence online by 2023.
- The first implantable mobile phone will become commercially available in 2025.
- More than 50% of Internet traffic to homes will be from appliances and device by 2024
- 90% of the population will have unlimited and free data storage by 2018.
Will these predications happen?
Who knows, we’ll see…
But I can predict that lot’s of things will happen that we didn’t predict.
Source: World Economic Forum, curated by Val Afshar @
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.