Warren Edward Buffett is an American business magnate, investor and philanthropist.
He is considered by some to be one of the most successful investors in the world.
So why not take some advice from from a man worth over $70 billion:
- “Hang out with people better than and you will drift in that direction.”
- “Money can’t change how many people love you or how healthy you are. ”
This reminds us about the importance of work -life balance.
- “What the wise do in the beginning, for doing the end.”
- “The difference between successful people and very successful people is that very successful people say “no” to almost everything.”
I know I’ve made more money by saying “no” to things than by saying “yes” to things.
- ” Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.”
This is particularly relevant when seeking property investment advice. Make sure you’re getting independent advice and not from somebody who has their own agenda.
- ” I insist on a lot of time being spent to just sit and think.”
This is particularly hard nowadays, at a time of information overload, when there’s lots of pressure to take instant action.
- ” It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.”
An important reminder not to take shortcuts across ethical or legal boundaries, even if others seem to be doing it.
- “You only have two do a very few things right in your life, so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”
- ” If you buy things you do not need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
- ““Price is what you pay. Value is what you get..”
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.