As with most things in life, predicting the market is near impossible.
You can be on top one day and completely fallen the next, but what differentiates the winner is their outlook, attitude and wisdom.
Here’s some words of wisdom from some of the world’s best:
- Those with the enterprise lack the money and those with the money lack the enterprise to buy stocks when they are cheap. -Benjamin Graham
- A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. -Henry Ford
- Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you’re generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make. -Donald Trump
- After all, the chief business of the American people is business. They are profoundly concerned with producing, buying, selling, investing and prospering in the world. -Calvin Coolidge
- “Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas. -Paul Samuelson
- If investing is entertaining, if you’re having fun, you’re probably not making any money. Good investing is boring. -George Soros
- I believe that thrift is essential to well-ordered living and that economy is a prime request of a sound financial structure, whether in government, business or personal affairs. -John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
- I’d like to live as a poor man with lots of money. -Pablo Picasso
- And finally, no matter how good the science gets, there are problems that inevitably depend on judgment, on art, on a feel for financial markets. -Martin Feldstein
- As financial markets continue to broaden and deepen, the behavior of asset prices will play an important role in the formulation of monetary policy going forward, perhaps a more important role than in the past. -Timothy Geithner
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.