Woulds it be great if we had a crustal ball to tell us how the market will perform?
The truth is no one can predict the future – but we can apply a positive outlook and wisdom to get through any circumstance.
Here’s 10 quotes to get you motivated:
- If I’d only followed CNBC’s advice, I’d have a million dollars today. Provided I’d started with a hundred million dollars. -Jon Stewart
- So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money? – Ayn Rand
- Put not your trust in money, but put your money in trust. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. -Oscar Wilde
- Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons. – Woody Allen
- If all the economists were laid end to end, they’d never reach a conclusion. – George Bernard Shaw
- When an investor focuses on short-term investments, he or she is observing the variability of the portfolio, not the returns – in short, being fooled by randomness. – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Everyone has the brainpower to make money in stocks. Not everyone has the stomach. If you are susceptible to selling everything in a panic, you ought to avoid stocks and mutual funds altogether. – Peter Lynch
- Most investors want to do today what they should have done yesterday. – Larry Summers
- Cash is a fact, profit is an opinion. – Alfred Rappaport
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.