Here’s a summary of the weekly key real estate market stats from CoreLogic.
Sydney’s home and unit median prices continue to lead the way at $830,000 and $617,000 respectively.
The second highest median prices across major capital cities is Darwin houses ($643,000) and Melbourne units ($457,500).
Third is Canberra house prices at $560,000 and Perth unit prices at $449,000.
Some things you should keep an eye out for as a property investor include:
- Capital city home value changes
- Capital city auction statistics (preliminary)
- Capital city properties listed for sale
- Capital city private treaty median prices
- Daily change in dwelling values across five combined capitals
- Weekly clearance rate, combined capital cities
- Number of homes for sale, combined capital cities
- Median house and unit prices
- Capital city average time on market and vendor discounting results
- Mortgage market activity
- RP Data Mortgage Index – RMI
- New listings activity
- RP Data Listings Index – RLI