Here’s a summary of the weekly key real estate market stats from CoreLogic.
Last weeks average time on market across capital cities showed a vast spread in days.
The least days spent on the market continues to be Sydney (houses: 26 days; units: 26 days), with the longest days showing Darwin (houses 79 days; units: 86 days).
The smallest level of vendor discounting for houses is Canberra at -3.6% and for units is Sydney at -3.8%. The highest level of vendor discounting for houses is Hobart at -7.3% and for units is Darwin at -7.3%.
Some things you should keep an eye out for as a property investor include:
- Capital city home value changes
- Capital city auction statistics (preliminary)
- Capital city properties listed for sale
- Capital city private treaty median prices
- Daily change in dwelling values across five combined capitals
- Weekly clearance rate, combined capital cities
- Number of homes for sale, combined capital cities
- Median house and unit prices
- Capital city average time on market and vendor discounting results
- Mortgage market activity
- RP Data Mortgage Index – RMI
- New listings activity
- RP Data Listings Index – RLI