“What are the top 5 habits of entrepreneurs?”
I get asked that question a lot by the media and podcasters, so I thought I’d share my top 5 list with you.
Here it is:
- Self-Education – Daily self-education is the foundation for every entrepreneur. Specifically, acquiring knowledge in whatever industry your business falls into. Learn everything the leaders in your industry know. This requires not only reading every day, but also attending seminars listening to podcasts, and jumping on webinars.
- Take Action – Stop over thinking and take action. What you don’t know, you’ll learn from the mistakes you make. You cannot possibly know everything you need to know, so take a leap of faith and learn as you go.
- Find Apostles – Every successful entrepreneur finds apostles for their cause. These are individuals who believe in you and your dream. Set a goal of finding just one apostle because 1 + 1 = 3. As you become more successful, others will jump on board. The more apostles you surround yourself with the easier it becomes to pull the cart.
- Don’t Follow the Herd – Successful entrepreneurs are leaders. They separate themselves from the herds of others and create their own herd. In the beginning they are all alone. But eventually, as they figure out what to do and what not to do, others take notice and become customers or clients. Millionaires have hundreds of members in their herd, deca-millionaires, thousands and billionaires have millions.
- Build Valuable Relationships with Other Successful People – Successful entrepreneurs surround themselves with other leaders who are experts in their industry. They exchange information, share trade secrets and help mentor each other.