Sydney home values have experienced the greatest increase of any capital city over the past year.
In this, the first part of an 8 part series from Core Logic’s Quarterly Review of the Australian Residential Property Market and Economy we look at the Sydney Housing Market.
The lift in home values has been supported by a reduction in the average time on market, a low level of discounting by vendors and a reduction in the number of properties available for sale.
Sydney Property Values
- +3.9% over the quarter
- +13.1% past 12 months
- +6.1%pa last five years
- +4.0%pa last ten years
- +6.3%pa last 15 years
- +23.3% higher than previous peak
- +29.8% over the current growth phase
Annual sales volumes
- 100,924 over year to August 2014
- +6.8% over the year
- Sales down from a recent peak of 103,155 in May 2014
- +0.3% quarter
- +3.5% over the year
- +4.8%pa last five years
- -0.2 percentage points over the quarter
- -0.4 percentage points over the year
- -4 days over the quarter
- -4 days over the year
- +0.3 percentage points over the quarter
- +0.4 percentage points over the year
Watch out for our overview of the Melbourne property market tomorrow and of all the other major capital city markets in subsequent days.