Believe it or not – the more you work the richer you become
In Tom Corley’s 5 year Rich Habits research he discovered that one of the reasons the wealthy accumulated so much wealth was due to the fact that they worked more hours than those who were not rich, or those who were poor.
Here’s some of the data from Tom’s Study:
- 44% of the wealthy worked 11 hours more each week than the poor.
- 86% of the wealthy who had full time jobs worked 50 hours or more each week, whereas 57% of the poor who had full-time jobs worked less than 50 hours each week.
- 88% of the wealthy took fewer sick days than the poor.
- 79% of the wealthy, on top of their robust work hours, networked 5 or more hours each month. 55% of this networking was done during their lunch hour.
- 65% of the wealthy were working so many hours, in part, because they had 3 sources of income to manage.
- 45% had 4 sources of income. Only 6% of the poor had more than one source of income.
- 67% of the wealthy watched less than an hour of T.V. a day, whereas 77% of the poor watched more than an hour of T.V. a day.
- 63% of the wealthy spent less than an hour a day on the Internet whereas 74% of the poor spent more than an hour a day on the Internet.
Also published on Medium.