Successful people seem to be obsessed with success quotes.
They love to throw them around wherever and whenever they can.
Successful speakers love to use quotes as do successful authors.
Success and quotes go together like beer and pretzels.
So, I thought I’d share some of the quotes I’ve accumulated from interviewing self-made millionaires, from some of my favorite books/blogs and from some of the best speakers I’ve come in contact with.
I haven’t taken the time to uncover the original source of some of these quotes.
If you do know the authors shoot me an email.
Here’s some of my favourites:
1. “Successful people don’t wait for the elevator in life; they take the stairs.” Unknown
2. “The path to success involves surviving one disappointment after another without losing your enthusiasm.” I’ve seen various versions of this quote. They all seem to originate from Winston Churchill
3. “Motivation: With it you can run a marathon; without it you can’t lace your sneakers.” Unknown
4. “Dreams are God’s way of whispering in our ears.” Unknown
5. “Though times never last. Touch people do.” Robert Schuller
6. “Those who never make mistakes work for those of us who do.” Henry Ford
7. “Big shots are only little shots who just kept shooting.” Christopher Morley
8. “Experience is a hard teacher because the test is given first and the lesson is given afterward.” John Maxwell
9. “The big hit never comes without a great number of little hits first.” John Maxwell
10. “Sometimes you need to build your own ship in order for it to come in.” Billy Cox
11. “Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.” Jim Rohn
12. “Courage is admired so much because it is lacking in so few.” Found this quote in a book Dr. Ben Carson wrote but I’ve read this in other books. I think the source is Winston Churchill
13. “Don’t follow someone else’s dream.” Unknown
14. “All leaders are readers.” Unknown
15. “Inch by inch, everything’s a cinch.” Robert Schuller
16. “Poor people spend their money and save what’s left. Rich people save their money and spend what’s left.” Unknown
17. “We become the combined average of the five people we hang around the most.” Jim Rohn
18. “Everything seems like a failure when you are halfway towards becoming a success.” Unknown
19. “Going through the moment of uncertainty; facing the period of extreme doubt. That’s when we discover ourselves.” James Clear