How does money influence you?
When does money go from being a positive, to a negative force in our lives?
- When it becomes an obsession, and it’s one of the last things you think about before going to sleep, and the first thing you think of when you wake up.
- If you judge the integrity and calibre of the people you meet by their bank account, their clothes, or the car they drive.
- If you judge your self-worth by your bank account, your clothes, or the car you drive.
- If your sense of self is seriously compromised when we either make a lot more money, or lose a lot of money.
- If you are more concerned with money than you are with your health, your relationships, your engagement in new projects, or your enjoyment of a nice night out.
- When it negatively impacts your most meaningful relationships.
- When money becomes more important than principles.
I’m not for one minute suggesting that there is any problem with being seriously financially wealthy, if that’s your goal.
However, I am saying that our views about money can sometimes get out of kilter and damage our emotional well-being and our relationships.
So… how do your views about money affect you?