Hobart sales volumes are rising from a very low level while home values trend higher at a moderate pace.
In this, the sixth part of an 8 part series from Core Logic’s Quarterly Review of the Australian Residential Property Market and Economy we look at the Hobart Housing Market.
Since the current value growth phase commenced, the overall increase in Hobart home values has been soft.
Hobart has been the weakest performing capital city market for more than five years however, the pace of value growth has picked up recently.
- -2.8% over the quarter
- +4.4% past 12 months
- -2.0%pa last five years
- +1.7%pa last ten years
- +7.7%pa last 15 years
- -11.4% lower than previous peak
- +5.5% over the current growth phase
Annual sales volumes
- 4,756 over year to August 2014
- +17.5% over the year
- Sales down from a recent peak of 4,826 in July 2014
- +0.4% quarter
- +2.4% over the year
- +1.5%pa last five years
- +0.2 percentage points over the quarter
- -0.1 percentage point over the year
- -10 days over the quarter
- -11 days over the year
- -1.6 percentage points over the quarter
- -0.8 percentage points over the year