The rich do things differently to the average person
Tom Corley, who now blogs weekly for Property Update, is a CPA, CFP and heads one of the top financial firms in New Jersey.
For 5 years, Tom observed and documented the daily activities of wealthy people and people living in poverty and his research he identified over 200 daily activities that separated the “haves” from the “have nots” which culminated in his #1 bestselling book, Rich Habits – The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals.
The following infographic is based on his work:
Let’s see what we can learn from the habits of the wealthiest people in the world…
Habits of the Rich
Wealthy – defined as earning at least $160,000 annually and holding at least $3.2 million in assets.
They Have a Routine:
- Maintain a to-do list
- Wake up 3 hours before work
- Listen to audio books during commute
- Network 5 hours or more each month
- Read 30 minutes or more each day for education or career reasons
- Love to read
They are Healthy:
- Exercise aerobically 4 days a week
- Eat less than 300 junk food calories per day
Raising Their Children:
- Teach good daily success habits to their children
- Make their children volunteer 10 hours or more a month
- Make their children read 2 or more non-fiction books a month
- Watch 1 hour or less of TV everyday
They Set Goals:
- Focused on accomplishing some single goal
- Believe in lifelong educational self-improvement
- Believe good habits create opportunity luck
- Believe bad habits create detrimental luck
*Based on Thomas C. Corley’s study of the daily habits of 233 wealthy and 128 poor people.
Following these traits won’t necessarily make you rich…but they are worth a shot.
Also published on Medium.