We pick up most of our adult habits from our parents. 75% of the self-made millionaires in my study said they learned good success habits from their parents.
Parents who mentor their kids for success in life set their kids up for a life of success and happiness.
Below are a few of the Rich Habits I learned from my Mom:
- Show Empathy: Many people are going through some life crisis and kindness and compassion helps ease their pain.
Be there emotionally for people who are going through hard times.
- Be Generous: Help people who are struggling in life.
- Attend Funerals: A death in the family is one of those life events I write and talk about a lot.
When you attend funerals you put your relationships on steroids. Death of a loved one is painful. Attending funerals shows you care.
- Laugh Every Day: Find a reason to be happy. Find something funny in everything in life. You can’t be sad when you’re laughing.
- Money is the Route of All Evil: Pursuing anything for the love of money alone is wrong.
Find something you are passionate about and don’t worry about the money.
- You Can’t Control What You Can’t Control: Much of life is outside your control.
Just try every day to control what you can control and don’t worry about what is outside your control.
- Creative Pursuits Make You Happy: When you engage in anything that requires creativity you will be happy.
My Mom loves playing the piano. She always has a smile on her face when she is playing piano. Writing makes me happy, so I write every day.
When you develop a skill that involves creativity it will make you happy.
- Love: Show love to everyone you meet. Love solves most problems in life. Everyone needs to be loved.