If you’re like me you keep up with the world, the news and your friends on Facebook.
Initially I wasn’t going to get involved in another social media channel “Why would I need it?” I thought.
But like billions of others around the world, I got hooked and now I connect with over 8,000 people on Facebook
MotleyFool recently ran an article citing 100 Fascinating Facts about Facebook.
Here are 16 of my favourites:
- Facebook has 1.71 billion monthly users.
- There are about 3 billion internet users worldwide.
- Facebook has penetrated so much of the existing market of internet users that it’s trying to figure out how to make more internet users.
- The fastest-growing market for internet users is India.
- India’s internet population grew about 40% last year, and it’s accelerating.
- Zuckerberg says the average Facebook user spend 50 minutes per day between Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger.
- That’s up 25% from two years ago.
- Facebook users watched more than 8 billion videos on its platform per day during the third quarter last year.
- Facebook’s free cash flow over the past 12 months was $7.6 billion.
- Its cash reserve reached $23.3 billion last quarter.
- Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth is about $55.4 billion.
- That makes him the the fifth wealthiest person in the world, behind Microsoft’s Bill Gates, Zara’s Amancio Ortega, Berkshire Hathaway‘s Warren Buffett, and Amazon.com‘s Jeff Bezos.
- Zuckerberg is just 32 years old
- Bill Gates’ net worth reached $100 billion in 1999, when he was 43.
- He’s now worth “just” $79.5 billion at 60 years old.
- Both Zuckerberg and Gates have pledged to donate the vast majority of their wealth to charity.
You can connect with me on Facebook here
Read more at MotleyFool – 100 Fascinating Facts about Facebook.