There is no doubt that the world has often relied on the Chinese economic growth.
China is responsible for consuming a big proportion of the world’s materials used in infrastructure.
Amongst some of its consumption results is:
- 54% of aluminum, 48% of copper, 50% of nickel, 45% of all steel, and 60% of concrete
- 23% of gold and 15% of the world’s silver supply
- 30% of rice, 22% of corn, and 17% of wheat
- 49% of coal for power generation
- 13% of the world’s uranium and 12% of all oil
The infographic below identifies China’s enormous consumption of raw materials and its affect on commodity producers:
Also published on Medium.