The housing market in Canberra has slowed substantially after the announcement of budget cutbacks and job shedding in the Federal Budget.
In this, the eighth and final part of the Core Logic Quarterly Review of the Australian Residential Property Market and Economy series we look at the Canberra Housing Market.
The annual increase in home values in Canberra is the lowest of all capital cities and rents have fallen significantly.
- -2.4% over the quarter
- +0.9% past 12 months
- +1.9%pa last five years
- +3.5%pa last ten years
- +8.0%pa last 15 years
- -0.2% lower than previous peak
- +5.3% over the current growth phase
Annual sales volumes
- 6,994 over year to October 2014
- -1.4% over the year
- Sales down from a recent peak of 7,658 in September 2013.
- -1.6% quarter
- -4.9% over the year
- +0.6%pa last five years
- No change over the quarter
- -0.3 percentage points over the year
- +4 days over the quarter
- -12 days over the year
- -0.3 percentage point over the quarter
- -0.7 percentage points over the year