If you’re interested in real estate or property investment, here is 3 minutes of good news weekend reading and you’re out the door.
1. The shape we’re in
Not waistlines – our economic shape. As we forge into a new year, this is our legacy at the end of 2012:
– Growth 3.1% – that’s near trend and not a recession in sight
– Unemployment 5.2%
– Interest rates historically low
– No housing boom; no bust; no recession
We liked what Craig James has to say about 2013:
“If the global gloom disappears from view, Australians will find out fairly quickly that there are few worries here at home”.
“If investors do shift to residential property they will find an asset class where supply and demand are well balanced and where home affordability is near decade lows.”
3. Be more
How to be more productive – tips from Inc:
– pick your priorities – make choices about the activities in your life; as with most endeavours, you can either go deep or go wide
– go for efficiency – don’t take on something with a steep learning curve if you don’t have the available bandwidth – live life by design not default
– actively manage time-wasters – budget your time for necessary activities – don’t allow social media and people to suck precious time
– be an active learner – learning new ways of doing things or using new tools can save you time on mundane tasks
– lighten up – no need to beat yourself up if you can’t do it all – the world won’t come to an end – celebrate progress and keep refining toward a happy productive existence
Got something to say? Give us the goods from the front lines – let us know what’s happening out there via twitter –@michaelmatusik #propertypulse. You’ll have about 110 words after these two handles to share your comment/property news.
Or listen to me on Kevin Turner’s Real Estate Talk
Michael Matusik is the director of independent property advisory Matusik Property Insights and writes the Matusik Missive which is free, however, reprinting, republication or distribution of any portion of this material, or inclusion on any website, is strictly prohibited without the written permission of Matusik Property Insights and may incur a charge.