It was Valentine’s Day yesterday.
So today I would like to share some timeless thoughts about love.
- “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” — Angelita Lim
- “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” — James Baldwin
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
- “I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.” – Roy Croft
- “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” — Julia Roberts
- “The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” — Henry Miller
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- ’Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”— Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The more one judges, the less one loves.” — Honore de Balzac
- “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” — Andre Breton
- “Every person has to love at least one bad partner in their lives to be truly thankful for the right one.” — Unknown
- “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.” — Wayne Dyer
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” — Charles Schulz
What is your favourite quote on love?