What is leadership?
Leaders help themselves and others to do the right things.
They set direction, build an inspiring vision, and create something new.
Here’s some great quotes from some inspirational leaders:
- Leaders are people who do the right thing; managers are people who do things right.– Professor Warren G. Bennis
- Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.– Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.” – Brian Tracy
- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.- John C. Maxwell
- The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still, small voice of conscience. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. – Alexander The Great
- Don’t find fault, find a remedy. – Henry Ford
- If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, “here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. – Martin Luther king, Jr
- The art of leadership is saying no, not saying yes. It is very easy to say yes. – Tony Blair
- Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. – General George Patton
- A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit. – John Maxwell
- Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- No man is good enough to govern another man without that other’s consent. – Abraham Lincoln
- You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong. – Warren Buffet