Want to walk with the giants?
Robin Sharma, a Canadian writer, speaker and leadership expert gives these tips:
- Release scarcity + adopt generosity as your main way of thinking.
- Forgive the unforgiven, as you are carrying them on your back.
- Understand that every person who has shown up in your life arrived to help you become the person you now are.
Appreciate and love them.
- Trust that suffering grows strength and your trials can serve your growth vastly.
The best of us who have graced this earth leveraged their pain into greater humility, bravery and love.
- Commit to doing the projects that terrify you + shifting from accepting good work from yourself to demanding legendary production from yourself.
- Never miss an opportunity to serve or encourage another human.
- Refuse to cling to stagnation. Complacency destroys potentially awesome lives.
So as you rise to new levels of success and joy, keep optimizing.
- Aggressively notice the miracles in every so-called average day–they are there for those awake enough to witness them.
- Smile at strangers, do kind things for zero return + be polite (it’s so uncool to be rude).
- Make a stop doing list so you delete the misuses of your oh so precious time.
- Less news more books. Period.
- Be a person of depth, wisdom, understanding, ingenuity, audacity, decency and love.
At the end, even the finest of us will have wished we’d loved more. So do it now. Please.
- Remember that we get what we settle for, so set audacious goals that evoke the fiery brilliance that resides within you.
- Write hand written thank you notes to your mentors and those who have helped you. In a world of digital, it shows how much you care.