PsyBlog reports a new survey of 5,000 people which has found a strong link between self-acceptance and happiness, despite the fact that it’s a habit not frequently practised.
The survey identified ten everyday habits which science has shown can make people happier. Here they are;
- Giving: do things for others
- Relating: connect with people
- Exercising: take care of your body
- Appreciating: notice the world around
- Trying out: keep learning new things
- Direction: have goals to look forward to
- Resilience: find ways to bounce back
- Emotion: take a positive approach
- Acceptance: be comfortable with who you are
- Meaning: be part of something bigger
(You’ll notice that the first letters spell out the words GREAT DREAM.)
Read more about the results at PsyBlog.