Woulds it be great if we had a crustal ball to tell us how the market will perform?
The truth is no one can predict the future – but we can apply a positive outlook and wisdom to get through any circumstance.
Here’s 10 quotes to get you motivated:
- If I’d only followed CNBC’s advice, I’d have a million dollars today. Provided I’d started with a hundred million dollars. -Jon Stewart
- So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money? – Ayn Rand
- Put not your trust in money, but put your money in trust. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. -Oscar Wilde
- Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons. – Woody Allen
- If all the economists were laid end to end, they’d never reach a conclusion. – George Bernard Shaw
- When an investor focuses on short-term investments, he or she is observing the variability of the portfolio, not the returns – in short, being fooled by randomness. – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Everyone has the brainpower to make money in stocks. Not everyone has the stomach. If you are susceptible to selling everything in a panic, you ought to avoid stocks and mutual funds altogether. – Peter Lynch
- Most investors want to do today what they should have done yesterday. – Larry Summers
- Cash is a fact, profit is an opinion. – Alfred Rappaport